Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Week 5: WebFeat

I just completed the final activity for Week 5. I played around with WebFeat to see what I could find. I did a search for my hometown of Pahokee and found 16 articles. The first article at the top of the page caught me eye because it was a Florida Trend article from their September 2007 issue talking about my neighbors and their rental property business! I see them every day and they failed to mention being named in the Florida Trend article, so it was a pleasant discovery. There were other articles brought up that seemed interesting and that I wanted to read, but I was having problems with WebFeat. After the initial article, when I tried to click 'view' on another article the site would redirect me to a page stating that i had logged out successfully, which isn't what I had tried to do. That was disappointing because I wanted to play with WebFeat some more. I even closed the page and started a new session, but continued to have the same problem. I will have to play with it again some other time.

I like WebFeat because I like that instead of looking at each database individually you can plug in a search term and it will search all databases and retrieve the information for you. It is a great tool to have on the site.

No comments: